Tuesday 19 June 2012

My current foundation routine! (Including brows)

Hey Beauty Birds :)

Putting my foundation on is my favourite part of getting ready!! Here's how I do it!
(I will try and link all products to online stores) :)


Primer
I had always been hooked on my Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer, although it is $55.00 in Australia and a gal can't pull that out of her pocket once every two months! I recently read an article online discussing Milk of Magnesia as a fantastic primer! I then discovered that it is banned in Australia because of some harmful chemicals or what not!
Anyway, after researching further I discovered that we have an equivalent in Australia! Mylanta is Australia's answer to Milk of Magnesia!!

I work in a pharmacy, so as you can imagine I was very excited to work my shift the next day! I picked up a small bottle of Mylanta which retails at about $7.00 in Australian pharmacies. :)

LET ME TELL YOU....This is a fantastic primer!! I wouldn't recommend using it every day as it can easily dry out your skin..but since I have combination/oily skin this is a dream come true! I use Mylanta most days, and if my skin is feeling a little dry I'll switch back to the NP Primer.

Here is what Mylanta looks like if you're not sure!



It's looks like milk and smells minty haha :)


Foundation
For a long time I had been using my Napoleon Perdis Foundation Stick which I claimed back after getting my makeup done for my Year 10 Formal - which was a long time ago! 
Again, I am starting to gather many more expenses so I can't be forking out $62.00 for my everyday foundation! 
I am now using a mix between Revlon Colorstay 'Sand Beige' and Revlon New Complexion 'Medium Deep' which I think has been discontinued (Can't find it online)!! 

For a long time I was just using Colorstay 'Sand Beige' on it's own, and if you know Revlon foundations, it's veerrrrrryyy pale!! I finally found some sense and mixed a darker foundation in with it and walllaaaah! I now have the perfect shade of foundation :)
I don't know what I'm going to do when my New Complexion runs out! I really love the finish these two foundations give me! :)


Revlon Colorstay 'Sand Beige' and Revlon New Complexion 'Medium Beige'



Concealer
I swear I'm never changing concealers! I have a whole tub that's overflowing, but I've found the love of my life.
It's a concealer that's copped a bit of hate in the beauty world, but I seriously have no idea what everyone's talking about! This concealer saved my life! :P Haha, maybe being a bit dramatic! 
Covergirl & Olay make a brilliant baby -- let me say that much!
Know which one I'm talking about yet??





It covers all under eye circles and I rarely get blemishes so I'm not sure how well it would work for covering spots and so on!
As you can see I'm almost out, so I'll have to go and repurchase it soon!!


Eyebrows
Shadows used to be my best friend when it came to filling in my eyebrows, although I must not have seen how bad it made them look! One day I was flicking through photos and my brows seemed to look so ashy!! Eugh, they were awful!

I had an eyebrow pencil lurking around in my makeup collection that I hadn't shown any love! I decided to give it a go and I've never looked back!

Revlon Colorstay Eye Pencil (Waterproof) < (Not a link to an online store, just the product information) has become my only brow pencil! It leaves them dark, which suits my hair colour..which is black! I use the shade 'Dark Brown' which is the only shade I have tried.

If you're getting sick of using powder to fill in your brows, definitely give Revlon Brow pencils a go! 





Setting Powder
This is the only setting powder I have used and I can't see myself every switching! It's the Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder Foundation and I use the shade Look 4 (Which is now known as LookG4 Gold Sand).

This powder doesn't cake and it keeps your foundation looking flawless all day! Well, not all day :P
I definitely have to reapply throughout the day, although I'd say that's because of my skin type, not because it's a dud! 


Also, I never use the sponge and I don't recommend use of it!! It spreads bacteria if not washed regularly and it wastes so much product!! A brush is the way to go! I just use a cheap powder brush from my local pharmacy :)


Thanks Loves! Talk soon xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Mylanta tip! I was desperate to find a milk of magnesia alternative and came across this post. I'm so excited to try this as a primer! :D x Court

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to use those very same type and shade of foundations! I used New Complexion for years but now I just realized (yes I have never put so much attention to makeups before) it looks like it breaks out and reveals my pores so much I hate it! My skin also gets darker and I don't know, dry... Soon I changed to Revlon Colorstay and the result is WAY too different and much better! Now I'm quitting New Complexion lol!

    ReplyDelete