Monday 18 June 2012

Nude by Nature: Smokey Eye Trio

Something I recently picked up from my local pharmacy after hearing lots of positive feedback! The three mineral eye shadows you get in the kit are 'Stone', 'Graphite' and 'Ice' (All swatches will be down below). 

If you are new at becoming familiar with makeup brands, you may remember NBN commercials! Just in case you don't, there was a seedy old man on a boat seducing women with acne-prone skin, claiming that their life would be changed once trying mineral cosmetics! 

I can safely say that after using NBN cosmetics continually for the last two years, my life has changed! :P Only kidding, but there are some decent products in their range! - Just don't come yelling at me if they don't change your life!

The three eye shadows look like this in their packaging: 



Of course they have their names on the back! 




And here are the swatches! (Top to bottom) Stone, Graphite and Ice.


My favourite colour is definitely Stone (The top colour). It's the perfect gun metal grey with just the right amount of shimmer! It reminds me of 'Gun Metal' from the Naked Palette.

To be honest, Graphite and Ice are colours I'm not drawn to. 'Ice' is in the kit intending to be used as an inner corner and brow bone highlight. I much prefer a champagne shimmer to place in both of those areas, so I may be doing a giveaway on this blog sometime soon giving away both 'Ice' and 'Graphite'. 

Everyone needs a good black eye shadow in their makeup collection, this one just isn't for me! I much prefer 'Carbon' by M.A.C. 

If you're new to using mineral eye shadows, I definitely recommend some type of powder flage to ensure that the rest of your face isn't ruined during the application. Benefit's Powderflage is the only one I have used and it's amazing! All you need to do is place it under your eyes and once you have applied your mineral eye shadow, you just brush it away and it will disappear! Magic!! 

I'm happy to have discovered 'Stone' and I'm sure the other two colours will find their way into someone else's hands soon!

If you're interested in picking up this eye shadow trio, purchase it directly off the NBN site here.

Thanks loves! Talk soon xx



No comments:

Post a Comment