Tuesday 19 June 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Review: 'Creamsicle' and 'Strawberry Shortcake'

Hey Beauty Birds!

A few months ago the Revlon Lip Butter hype finally hit Australian stores! I was shocked to see that they retail at around $20.00 each! (This isn't an unusual price for cosmetics in Aus)!! :(

Like most Revlon lip products, the packaging is 'quilted' and feels luxurious.

I only picked up two shades since I am pretty budget at the moment! The two shades I managed to snag were 'Creamsicle' and 'Strawberry Shortcake' .. Image below: (and swatches at the end)!!


L-R Creamsicle & Strawberry Shortcake


Creamsicle
This shade has gotten so much positive feedback in the beauty world! Supposedly, this is one of the many shades Rihanna wore during London Fashion Week. Whether this is true or not...I dunno!
I feel that this shade would definitely look better on fairer skin tones rather than olive or dark complexions. I have olive skin, and I feel this is just a bit too pale for me! 
This shade has been described as a 'Muted Orange Peach' and it's all of those things! Here's the packaging and colour:


'Creamsicle'


Strawberry Shortcake
I only picked this shade up because there wasn't much left to choose from! I hadn't heard much about this shade and after swatching it in store I was impressed. This has quickly become one of my everyday essentials to have in my makeup bag! 
I would describe the colour as a subtle everyday pink! Not too dark and if applied just on its own, it's quite sheer! I love how this colour compliments my darker hair. :)
This colour definitely has some blue undertones so would look fantastic on blondes! 
Packaging and colour:


'Stawberry Shortcake'


AAAND here are the swatches:


As you can see, Creamsicle is very sheer and unnoticeable on me!! :(
I love Strawberry Shortcake though!


Once again, Revlon has released a brilliant product! I am such a fan of Revlon lipsticks and these have won me over! I definitely want to pick up some more shades soon...DAMN YOU AUSTRALIAN PRICES! 

Thanks loves, talk soon xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment